Peak Coding Solutions
In addition to our expert management team, the Peak staff is comprised of coding and auditing professionals that are trained in the most current regulations and codes as necessitated by the highly regulated and ever-changing healthcare industry.
Peak customized solutions include:
- Full Outsourcing
- Staff Augmentation
- Large backlog clean-up projects
- Preceptorship (OP to IP, new grad to OP)
- International coding options (upon request)
- Third-party auditing
- Payer testing, ICD-10 readiness
- Value-based work load shifting, strategic work-type and HIM efficiency
- Short and long-term production support
- Claims Editing
Peak Coders and Auditors
- Are credentialed by the American Health Information Management Association and/or the American Academy of Professional Coders.
- Have an average 5+ years of experience in the field.
- Are thoroughly screened and have extensive experience in ambulatory and hospital settings.
- Receive ongoing training in regulatory updates, new procedures, new codes and current coding trends
Proven delivery model
- Peak strives for a partnership and collaboration and offers a customized model to meet your needs.
- Peak provides a proven, experienced and credentialed coding manager, which is a single point of contact.
- Peak offers ongoing, rigorous performance monitoring and feedback, assuring frequent communication and quality. Peak clients receive a detailed, weekly Peak Performance dynamic dashboard.
- Peak provides dedicated, credentialed remote coders.
- Peak has an HIM organizational alignment, creating efficiency and continuity of staff, as well as an easy client path from an escalation perspective.
Resource Fulfillment and Planning
- Peak has a robust recruiting engine, with comprehensive candidate vetting and assessment.
- Peak offers collaborative project planning and implementation for ease of contracting, seamless coding transition, and clear expectations.
- Peak strives for a candidate-client profile match. Right Coder, Right Client.
- Peak has a "train the trainer" on-boarding approach.
- Peak provides quarterly performance review and planning allowing for constant improvement.
- Contingency staffing
Industry Leadership and Expertise
- Peak offers HIM industry leadership. We have a pulse on industry news and maintain industry networking.
- Peak employs HIM/CDI professionals, Clinicians, and Physicians and have insight and experience with best practice.
- Peak's ten year history gives us a "broad lens" vision. Peak's foundation has always been CODING.
- EHR/CAC Guidance
- Peak has a marquis client base, meeting high levels of expectations.
Multi-level Coding Proficiency
- Peak coders are AHIMA and/or AAPC credentialed, offering a high level of proficiency and ICD-10 knowledge.
- We leverage client defined EHR's and coding workflows for optimal productivity and complete coding compliance.
- Peak coders are experienced in all work types and practice settings.
- Coder participation in client defined CDI process.
Proactive Quality Assurance
- Peak offers a client-specific policy and audit calibration with synchronicity of measurements.
- Peak performs audits to ensure ongoing coder quality.
- Peak invests in ongoing training of our extensive pool of coders (CE opportunities, ICD-10 preparedness, LMS and sandbox tools, AHIMA approved trainers)
- Performance assurance/Productivity standards adherence